Blog: Website Design
SEO & SEM for Seattle Web Design, Part 1
The lines have blurred when it comes to SEO and SEM, especially when it comes to local web design. Whether you want your business to rank locally here in Seattle or across the state, there are a number of tactics that will increase visibility in search engine results. In our previous blog post, we talked about how to rank in the local map results for Google using reviews and semantic markup.
In part one of this two-part series, we’re going to discuss local keyword optimization tactics that also yield valuable prospects and leads.
Use SEO Keyword Targeting Based on Purchase Intent
Certain keyword phrases indicate that a person may be in the process of deciding who to purchase from. While these phrases will vary from industry to industry, if you review the terms that lead to purchases on your site, you will have an idea of where to begin. Some examples:
- Seattle traffic ticket lawyer dismissal record – an indication that someone has a traffic ticket and needs a winning attorney to represent him or her
- Seattle emergency roof repair 24 hours – an indication that someone has a leak or roof damage and needs to speak with someone immediately
- Seattle dentists accepting Medicaid – an indication that someone needs a to find a new dentist that will accept Medicaid
By targeting these keywords for on-page optimization, you do two things:
- You invest in high-value long-tail keywords that are not as competitive as more generalized terms
- You define or further refine your service niche, which makes it easier for your ideal customers to find you
Pro tip: Use Google’s autocomplete to suggest local, unbranded keywords for your Seattle business. This will give you an idea of what people in your area are searching for as it relates to your company.
Optimize Your Social Media Presence for Local
If you are active on social media, chances are that you are already including your contact information and business hours on all of your profiles. However, a fully optimized social media presence will complement your efforts by:
- Announcing your Seattle events to encourage potential customers to visit you on location – cross-posted to your blog or webpage
- Mentioning your attendance at popular statewide or nationwide events and conferences so that attendees from your location can find you
- Providing interesting and engaging content about happenings in and around the Seattle area to grow your community
At Bear Creek Web, we regularly create SEO plans for Seattle business websites that incorporate design, content and page architecture to boost visibility and results. If you need help coming up with a plan for your business, contact us to discuss your options.
Next Steps: Integrating SEM for Seattle Web Design
In part two, we’ll discuss how to tie in your advertising campaigns to help increase the visibility of your webpage for local search while still optimizing your pages for valuable SEO terms.
Need a new mobile-ready site?
Contact one of our friendly professionals to review your needs. We'll help you improve the quality of your mobile website right now and keep it running smoothly in the years to come.